The Hobbit toys will probably suck...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gollum
Hoarder

PostSubject: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:34 am

Quote :
Warner Bros. Consumer Products is pleased to announce today that it has awarded the worldwide master toy and game licensing rights for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again to The Bridge Direct, Inc., the global children’s consumer products company. The Bridge will develop an exciting array of products inspired by the two films being directed by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson—who previously brought Middle-earth to life with the award-winning blockbuster The Lord of the Rings trilogy—including action figures, playsets, and role play accessories, which are expected to debut at retail in fall 2012 prior to the December 14 release of the first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

“We’re thrilled about our partnership with The Bridge Direct, which produces engaging products that will recreate the storyline with stunning detail,” said Karen McTier, Executive Vice President of Domestic Licensing and Worldwide Marketing for Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Thanks to many of the same creative minds behind The Lord of the Rings trilogy products, we’re looking forward to unveiling a robust toy line for the two films that captures the excitement of the beloved adventure and delights loyal fans of the series.”

This article pretty much sums up my fear/dread

Basically this is the same company that put out Zhu Zhu pets & the fucking Justin Beiber dolls.

I kinda knew no existing company could be on par with what ToyBiz accomplished with their LOTR line, so whoever got it would probably fuck it up.
Except maybe if NECA went mainstream.

God dammit Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelix
Lords of the domain and well hung too

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:33 am

Ah Christ! No-one will ever beat Toybiz's version still my favourite toy line to date!

NECA should have applied for the damn license This company pisses me off with their lack luster drive for greatness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://purgatory.heavenforum.com
kneel_before_Zod
Gollum put his finger in ring

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:12 pm

At least the license wasn't awarded to playmates lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gollum
Hoarder

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 pm

I actually expected it to be them. Them or Mattel, but since their Avatar toys flopped I'm not suprised it's not.

But at least with Playmates we KNOW they'll be awful. Maybe this company will suprise us. I hope anyway.
The new Behind the Scenes videos we've been seeing have me 100% pumped for next year. Dammit we need a Balrog-sized Smaug!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Get_to_da_choppa!!
Arch villian

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:38 am

Warner do all the Harry Potter merchandise which is top quality. They farmed out the Deathly Hallows action figure license to NECA so its likely they'll do the same again

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kneel_before_Zod

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Gollum wrote:
I actually expected it to be them. Them or Mattel, but since their Avatar toys flopped I'm not suprised it's not.

But at least with Playmates we KNOW they'll be awful. Maybe this company will suprise us. I hope anyway.
The new Behind the Scenes videos we've been seeing have me 100% pumped for next year. Dammit we need a Balrog-sized Smaug!

Apparently the CEO of the Bridge was the founder & President of Play Along who did the Armies of Middle Earth line a few years back, so I'm mildly hopeful that the figures won't be complete crap.

Last edited by Fox on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Get_to_da_choppa!!
Arch villian

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm mildly hopefully Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kneel_before_Zod

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:16 pm

This distracted me cyclops

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Get_to_da_choppa!!
Arch villian

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Liar you were having a Ken Dodd moment Laughing

The Doris needs a paperbag

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kneel_before_Zod

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:48 pm

ironmanfan wrote:
Liar you were having a Ken Dodd moment Laughing

The Doris needs a paperbag

Getting midgets to play with my tickling stick? Suspect

With b bounce bounce bs like that I ain't caring what the face looks like Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Get_to_da_choppa!!
Arch villian

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:26 pm

I suppose you didn't notice she has weeds growing out of her head either Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kneel_before_Zod

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:05 pm

I just figured that was cosplay & she was pretending to be an Ent Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Get_to_da_choppa!!
Arch villian

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Erotic naughty teacher?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kneel_before_Zod

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 pm

An Ent like Treebeard.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Get_to_da_choppa!!
Arch villian

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit toys will probably suck...   Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Oh! I see Very Happy

Eccentric northern twat
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Hobbit toys will probably suck...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
5 Geeks one cup :: -