Share | 

X-men first class

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Obelix
Lords of the domain and well hung too

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:03 pm

I reckong the magneto scenes will be good and the rest of the film will be shit and Aronofsky has pulled out of wolvie 2 which... well that dont really mean shit. Tbh I believe the death nail will be sounded on this franchise

IMF Are you on something called Trymoxsomething something? I was given that shit when I had dizzy spells. shit knocks you out!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://purgatory.heavenforum.com
kneel_before_Zod
Gollum put his finger in ring

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:29 pm

I have nothing to add in regards to anti-psychotics & being knocked out by them.

I wouldn't be surprised if fox does decide to rest the franchise for a couple of years before rebooting it just to prevent the rights reverting back to Marvel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Get_to_da_choppa!!
Arch villian

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:56 pm

I'd been taking prochlorperazine, its crazy stuff. I read that people with ear problems were developing dystonia from it amongst other things so I'm not taking it anymore.

They need to give the x-men thing a rest now, the first two were fine but the rest are progressively poor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelix

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Never heard of it IMF good call on stopping though LOL

I agree with ya both they need to rest the franchise preferably for good Very Happy Then again if this and wolive flop (one hopes) they give it up as they did Hulk
Back to top Go down
Obelix

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Sat May 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Gollum
Hoarder

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Mon May 09, 2011 7:26 pm

I have to say, as much as I wanted to hate it at first, it looks like it could actually be pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gollum
Hoarder

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Fri May 13, 2011 2:04 am

Although one thing that will suck...no Stan Lee cameo No wtf???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelix

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Sat May 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Another annoyance is an Old Stryker in the First Class film which is a slight fuck up if they are sticking to the first two films. Unless it's X2's stryker's farther?
Back to top Go down
Gollum
Hoarder

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 am

I've already seen it twice!

First I went to the midnight feature with some co-workers, which was sold out, then my wife & some friends wanted to see it this evening so I went back & watched it with them.
It was still packed & there were a few evening shows that were already sold out, which makes me think this will have a bigger opening than Thor.

It was great! I'm glad to see Vaughan & Singer put the franchise back on track.
I won't go into too deep spoilers for now...but there were some things I thought they could've done differently, but overall I really enjoyed it.

some random notes:

There's no scene after the credits, which drag on so it's okay to leave once the end titles are over.

It looks like they're ignoring X3 & Origins Wolverine, or at least some important parts of them. Very cool how they used the same beginning from the original X-Men, though.

There's a VERY cool cameo in the middle of the film that made everybody in the theater scream!
And if you pay attention to the Cerebro scene, you'll see another one.

LT it is indeed Stryker's father in the film.

Not sure if they're planning a full prequel trilogy.
Honestly this seems like a proper set-up for the movies, and I'd much rather see a modern X4 that ret-cons X3 & properly introduces Gambit & Cable (and can anyone other than Stephen Lang play him at this point? I think not!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelix

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

YES!!! I seen it twice too whilst on holiday how sad is that?

****SPOILER ALERT****

That cameo (I shall not mention till everyone ahs seen) had me in fits of laughter for ages. Easily the best cameo EVER!! how they managed to keep it under raps is beyond me and kudos too cos then it would have ruined it had it leaked!

I saw 3 characters in cerebro storm, cyclops and Blob

****SPOILER OVER*****

OK I fucking loved this film from start to finish. It is by far the best X-men to date. The acting, the characters were fantastic.

The few gripes I had went out the window almost, Moira and Mystique's origins still pisses me off. The rest I can let slide!

What worked really well was that Fox saw sense not to make this another 90min film. This allowed all the characters to get a great amount of screen time and the lack of wolverine meant that there wasnt a single focus in the whole story which is waht annoyed me about Signer's X-men.

The action was plentiful and beautifully done and for once I loved ALL of the villains in this film.
Azazel was fucking incredible and how nightcrawler should have been in X2.

Riptide sez fuck all in the film yet still played his part beautifully. J

anuary Jones was perfect for Emma Frost and one of my favourite performances of the whole film Kevin Bacon as Seb Shaw was beyond outstanding.

This Xavier was my fave Xavier to date, more realistic as to how someone would act with such an ability, plus it made him more interesting.

Magneto was as in the previous films outstanding.

Mystique annoyed the shit out of me absolutely hated her in this film

Havok was fine nothing special. Be interested to see how they work Scott into this seeing as I spotted him on cerebro.

Banshee was brilliant, he's been a fave character of mine in the comics (fucking marvel)

Angel was shit but hot

Hank McCoy Nicholas Hoult, man what a fucking great actor, especially after his transformation

***SPOILER****
Darwin looked the shit i like him in X_factor but why kill him off FFS? they should have picked someone pointless like Random (name of mutant) and killed him instead
****SPOILER FINISHED****

At present the film appears to be under performing at the BO but I put that to Kung Fu panda and Pirates fo the Caribbean 4 and The hangover 2 coming out too close together

I hope to fuck they all return for a sequel as there is a petition to get Cable into the next film

I would also like to see Eric get with Magda so as to bring in QS and SWitch at a later film.

It'll be interesting to see Sabertooth join the brotherhood and to see Mystique and Azazel gives us Nightcrawler

I really wanna see Blob come into the film too seeing as they are ignoring Origins Wolverine!

OK im gonna stop typing now lol
Back to top Go down
Get_to_da_choppa!!
Arch villian

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:57 pm

I watched it at home this evening. Tickle my tits till Friday it was fantastic! I said from the start it would be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-men first class    

Back to top Go down

X-men first class
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2